Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ummm, What???

This adoption journey began over a year ago. We had decided that we would adopt another little girl because that made the most sense. We named her Everleigh Kate. I bought a few clothes and some really cute blankets. We had TONS of hand-me-downs. TONS. We were excited...

And then today Andy and I went on a date. We were kid-less, foot loose, and fancy free so I decided to ask him a crazy question: What do you think about adopting a boy instead? You see, this had been weighing on my mind for several months now. I believe God put it on my mind. Without any hesitation Andy said yes. Apparently God had put it on both of our minds, but we hadn't shared it with each other. Yay for communication!

When we pulled into the restaurant I immediately emailed our adoption agency and told them we would gladly accept the referral of a boy or a girl. I received an immediate response back stating that our decision "will help for sure".  There is a longer wait for a girl than a boy, but that is not the reason for our change of heart. We really just asked for a girl because we thought Grace needed a sister and we already have four boys. Today we realized it isn't about "what makes sense", it's about what God wants.

So from this day forward we are on the list for a boy or a girl and we can't wait to see their face and bring him/her home. It's like being pregnant and waiting for the ultrasound! We are excited about the next little Knoll (boy or girl)!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment